I’m always looking for new allergy friendly recipes, and I couldn’t believe my luck when I came across this gluten free recipe for “Cheeky Cranberry and Cream Cheese Muffins”.
The recipe for these taste-bud tantalisingly gluten free muffins has been taken from the recipe blog “A Girls Guide to Gluten-Free Baking“. This blog is written by Kate a twenty-something who suffers from Coeliac Disease.
Please be careful to check all of the ingredients before starting to make any of the recipes found on Allergy Zone.
Over to Kate….
100g Cream cheese (Philadelphia)
200g Plus x2 25g caster sugar
175g Cranberries (I used frozen cranberries defrosted )
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2fl Sunflower oil (don’t be tempted to use olive oil,it will make the muffins taste vile!)
200g Plain flour (Doves Farm, Glutafin)
2 Tsps Gluten-Free Baking Powder
12 Muffins cases
12 Hole muffin tray
- Pop the oven up to Gas mark 5 and get on with beating 25g of sugar into a bowl with the cream cheese, mix well until its all combined and whack it in the fridge until you need it later.
- Throw the cranberries and another 25g of caster sugar into a small pan over a low heat. Warm the cranberries through until they start to pop and the sugar has dissolved. Take it off the heat and give them a little mash up with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Get yourself a big bowl and sift in the flour,baking powder and the 200g of sugar and a tiny pinch of salt and give it all a quick stir.
- Crack in the eggs, pour in the oil and add the vanilla extract along with the mashed cranberries and give it a big old stir until everything is combined and well mixed. It won’t be smooth like a normal muffin/cake mix because of the cranberries so don’t panic.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and dollop a spoonful of the cream cheese mix in the middle of the cranberry muffin mix.
- Pop in the oven for 25minutes, they should be golden and lovely and slightly oozing on the top where the cream cheese is. Leave to cool, sit back and prepare to be popular!
This is a delightful gluten free recipe and one that I will be trying out with the girls, a fantastic addition to any gluten free recipe collection.
Please make sure that you always check all ingredients very carefully before following any of the recipes we have on Allergy Zone and double check that the recipe is suitable for your particular allergy.
If you have an allergy friendly recipe you would like to share with us then please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.